The Lead Test Automation Developer provides high quality, cost-effective automated test functionality for use by the Policy Administration Services (PAS) IT area to validate the quality of new and existing software functionality and proficiently modifies and/or supports existing automated test capability.
Leads the Automation testing activities within the Scrum team
• Contributes to the development and reviews of QA standards, policies and procedures
• Use QA tools for automation, bug and test management
• Reports on Software Quality metrics and health of the software release
• Works closely with scrum team and other groups in the organization to
• Participates in all phases of the SDLC, analysis, design, estimation, test plan and test execution, validation and estimation
• Modifies detailed test scripts/modules/applications/frameworks with high quality
• Maintains solid knowledge and develops expertise in the PAS application with respect to automated testing tools and techniques
• Consults on automation tools/techniques, feasibility and implementation, process improvements as well as maintenance plans
• Is knowledgeable and effective in following established testing practices and processes.
• Coordinates/plans test runs; prioritizes, defines and manages defect reporting and resolution
• Supports QA automation staff through training, mentoring and support for problem solving.
-5+ years of experience in programming with an object oriented programming language (e.g.; Java, Ruby, Grails, Python
-Experience with TestNG frameworks and Selenium
-An understanding of systems design and data processing policies, practices and procedures
-Expert knowledge of software testing practices and procedures within an Agile SDLC
-Expert knowledge of test automation frameworks and automation design patterns
-Experience working with and coordinating automated test activities across multiple teams
Preferred Skills/ Experience:
-Property and Casualty insurance experience
Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field) or an equivalent combination of education and experience